Shredded Chicken and Rice Bowl
I think chicken may be the go-to protein for many homes.
In this home however, its never been my first pick.
I know that chicken is wonderful for many reasons.
But despite all it has to offer I just can’t bring myself to truly loving it.
Now of course, I know I can’t eat red meat and pork chops every day, or at least that’s what my parents tell me. So I’m always trying to come up with chicken recipes that I can bring myself to truly enjoying.
This shredded chicken and rice bowl has become one of those chicken recipes I truly enjoy!
It’s easy to make and doesn’t require too many ingredients to bring it together!
Ingredients(serves 2 people)
- 1 large boneless, skinless chicken breast
- Extra virgin olive (for browning)
- about 1 tbsp tomato paste
- about 1/4 cup white cooking wine
- salt and pepper to taste
- shredded lettuce
- Sour cream
- A few dashes of hot sauce and Italian dressing (I like Franks Red Hot and Wish Bone dressing)
- Cut your chicken breast in half (for faster cooking) and season with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Brown on both sides with about half a tablespoon extra virgin olive oil, or whatever oil you prefer, on medium-high heat.
- Cover the chicken and cook on low heat for about 15-20 minutes.
- Now comes the shredding part. Remove the chicken from the pot and shred it with a knife and fork.
- Add the shredded chicken back into the pot, stir in the tomato paste and cooking wine. (You can also use chicken broth if you prefer instead of the wine)
- Then cover it for another few minutes to allow the flavors to combine. (You can also add some chopped cilantro at this point)
- Once the chicken is done you can serve it over white rice. Top the chicken with shredded lettuce and give the lettuce a few dashes of Italian dressing. Then top the lettuce with some sour cream and finish off with a few shakes of hot sauce over everything.
ok friends, thanks for stopping by and checking out my blog!
Sending happy, safe, and healthy vibes your way…May God bless you and your family today and every beautiful day to come
Please don’t forget to pin and share with friends if you liked this post.